Based on the comments on in week’s Hebdomadal Check-in I’m guessing this will be the last one for Madame Bovary. I finished late (way too late) last night, but once I got about 30 pages from the end I really just wanted to get it over with. In case you haven’t finished yet, don’t panic, just tell us where you are, and then keep reading, we’ll be posting more about our adulterous
friend novel namesake for at least a week or so more.
For those of you who are finished, here are a couple of things you can do while you wait for our wrap-up posts:
- Answer the WEM questions.
- Take this little quiz (substantially less in-depth than the WEM questions, yet equally frustrating.)
- Locate your copy of Crime and Punishment.
- Contemplate your translator of C&P and purchase/down-load additional copies.
- Talk your friends into reading C&P along with us by enticing them with a free (rejected translator) copy of the novel.
- Drink a White Russian.